As an international representative body, the objectives of the IQA are:
- To bring the World Quizzing Championships to TV
- To improve the game of quiz constantly and promote it globally in the light of its unifying, educational, cultural and humanitarian values
- To facilitating its own world and regional quizzing competitions
- To act as a focal point for securing worldwide sponsoring and media attention for these events
- To draw up regulations and provisions and ensure their enforcement
- To act as an arbitrator in case of disputes
- To prevent all methods or practices that might jeopardise the integrity of quizzes, quiz competitions or quiz championships or might give rise to abuse of the IQA or its subsidiaries.
The following values are at the very core of what the IQA is trying to accomplish and as such will be adhered to by all IQA members:
- Fairness in all we do
- Open and candid communication
- Team work
- High quality cannot be compromised
- See things from the quiz player’s perspective
- Promotion of an international view
- Respect for different quiz cultures and cultures as such
- Merit-based competitions
- Have fun
How to Become a Member
If you are an individual wanting to get involved with the IQA, the first thing to do is to see if your country already has a representative organisation by clicking here. If the IQA already exists in your country, then please get in touch with them.
If no organisation exists, or if you are the representative quiz organisation of a country that isn’t already covered, then you should contact us by emailing [email protected] and we’d be happy to explain what you need to do to join us.